Monday, September 24, 2012

From the Beggining

So as my title of my blog states i am infertile. This blog will be used to keep track of our journey. I guess i will start at the beggining of our journey.
 
4 Years ago on may 20th i started dating the love of my life and my best friend. It didnt take long for us to realize that we were going to be together and that we wanted to start a family. I never had a thought in my mind that i wouldnt be able to concieve i just thought well it cant be that hard everyone else makes it look so easy. A year went by and we didnt understand what we were doing wrong, we did anything you could think of short of standing on my head.
 
A few months later we got married and thats when we decided it would be a good idea for me to get checked out to see if there was something wrong with me. I had all of the tests done that i was told i needed and my husband was checked as well. He was good and i was told if i lost some weight that there was no reason why i wouldnt be able to concieve but was given a medication to help us out a little bit. CLOMID is a drug that is supposed to help you ovulate. I used this medication for two months and didnt see any change in my cycle. in the midst of that we lost our insurance so my baby dreams were put on hold for a while.
 
About a year ago we got our insurance back and 30 pounds lost later i found myself back in the same OBGYN office just to be told that if i wasent going to lose any weight that there was nothing that they were going to do for me. I was absolutely devastated i didnt understand why i was being treated so horrible after i put so much effort to lose weight. I found a new OBGYN and i was excited to get everything back on track only to find out that it was going to be another dead end the new OBGYN decided that my case was to complex for her so she immediatly reffered me to IVF.
 
Six months later i was told about an amazing OBGYN that my sister in law was going to. i was very skeptical like you could believe because we had been burned so many times. We made the appointment we had to wait two months to just get in to see her. Immediatly i was sent for any blood test possible to find out what was going on with me. in the meanwhile i was put back on clomid and was closely monitored to make sure it didnt cause cysts. after the first month of medication i found out what was really wrong with me i was diagnose with PCOS (Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome) for lack of better words it basically means that i do not ovulate which means that i do not get a regular period and i get cysts that can burst at anytime.
 
After 3 months of clomid my body did not even try and respond to the medication i was feeling so defeated. My OBGYN decided that i would change medications and go to Femera. The first month  on femera i got my first positive ovulation test but when i went for bloodwork it was unconfirmed.
 
This month is my second month of femera and my body did the unthinkable i actually ovulated.... now that we are caught up to date my next post will be about this cycle and my OB appointment from last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment